Term Dates and Absence Requests
School Terms and Holiday Dates 2021/22
Autumn Term 2021
Monday 6th September PD Day
Tuesday, 7th September Year 7 & Year 12(Y12 Registration only)
Wednesday, 8th September Year 7,11,12&13 in school all day.
Thursday, 9th September Year 7,8,11,12&13 in school all day.
Friday, 10th September Year 7,8,9,11,12&13 in school all day.
Monday 13th September All students in school.
Half-term Monday, 25 – Friday, 29 October 2021 inclusive
Ends Friday, 17 December 2021
PD Days Monday, 6 September 2021, Friday, 22 October 2021
Spring Term 2022
Starts Wednesday, 5 January 2022
Half-term Monday, 21 – Friday 25 February 2022 inclusive
Ends Friday, 8 April 2022
Summer Term 2022
Starts Monday, 25 April 2022
(Bank Holiday Monday, 2 May 2022)
Half-term Monday, 30 May - Friday, 3 June 2022 inclusive
Ends Friday, 22 July 2022
Child Absence due to Illness
Can we please remind parents that if your child is absent from school due to illness, for safeguarding reasons we would ask that you phone in each day your child is absent.
Covid-19 Update: What should I do if my child has COVID-19 symptoms?
- If your child has any of the main COVID-19 symptoms (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste), they should not attend school or college and should stay at home.
- You should arrange for them to get a PCR test and inform the attendance office of the test results.
- Your child should not attend school or college while you are waiting for test results, even if they are feeling better.
- If the test is negative, they should go to school or college as normal.
- If they test positive, they should continue to isolate and follow public health advice.
Please inform the school immediately if your child is being tested for Coronavirus and let us know of any updates as soon as you can.
REQUEST FOR AUTHORISATION OF ABSENCE DURING TERM TIME
Parents wishing the school to consider authorising an absence should read the following points carefully:
There is no automatic right to any holiday during term time.
- The Local Authority and school policy is: family holidays should not be taken in term time.
- Any request must be made in advance of the absence (request forma are available from the School Reception). The request must be received by the school at least four weeks before the proposed absence. This is to allow sufficient time for appropriate consideration.
Should you decide to take your child out of school the absence will be recorded as unauthorised which may be subject to a Penalty Notice Fine of £60 per parent per child which will increase to £120.00 if not paid within 28 days. Thereafter, failure to pay within the stated time limit may lead to Court proceedings.